Ways to Save Money
12 COMMON SENSE TIPS FOR SAVING MONEY
Saving money is important for so many reasons
We’d all like to have a big savings account that we could dip into whenever we wanted or needed to. Of course, when it can be difficult to make ends meet every month, the idea of saving any money at all can seem laughable. But almost anyone can save some money, and here are just a few reasons why everyone should create and stick to a savings plan:
- Saving money allows you to pay with cash for big-ticket items like furniture, appliances and TVs so you don’t get into credit card debt or have to pay interest.
- You’ll build an emergency/contingency fund to fall back on if you lose your job. It is recommended that you have at least three to six months’ worth of living expenses set aside for emergencies like this.
- Savings can help pay for essential health care if you or a family member gets sick.
- You can plan for major expenses like education, a new car and vacations, so you will not be unprepared or blindsided by the expense.
- A good savings plan can help you enjoy a comfortable retirement.